WID-TVC now accepting Scholarship Applications for 2021-2022!
WID-TVC actively shapes the future defense and national security workforce through scholarships and awards. Our leaders and members encourage the study of professions related to science, technology, education, and math that support national security professionals.
We are now accepting applications for 2021-2022 academic school year through October 1, 2020!
The focus of the Women In Defense Tennessee Valley Chapter scholarship is on the following preferred fields of study:
Security studies, military history, government relations, engineering, computer science, cyber security, physics, mathematics, business (as it relates to national security or defense), international relations, political science, and economics.
Others will be considered if the applicant can successfully demonstrate relevance to a career in the areas of national security or defense.
- Be currently enrolled at an accredited university or college, either full-time or part-time*
- Undergraduate and graduate students are eligible; undergraduates must have attained at least junior level status (60 credits).
- Demonstrate interest in pursuing a career related to national security or defense
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.25
- Be a woman
- Be a citizen of the United States
*The exception is for women of veteran status entering college as a freshman.
Applicants should send completed form and all supporting documentation to WIDTVC.ScholarshipDirector@gmail.com. Official transcripts can be emailed to WIDTVC.ScholarshipDirector@gmail.com or mailed via USPS to 408 East Street Athens, AL 35611.
Apply for the WID-TVC Professional Development Grant
Through the WID-TVC Professional Development Grant program, members can receive financial assistance to attend local defense, leadership, and STEM events.