Women In Defense is a Community of Professionals.
WID traces its roots to 1979 when a group of women saw the need for women in the defense industry and military to have a network to expand their knowledge of national security issues and the defense community. Membership in WID is open to women whose primary professional activities relate to national security. Members are typically from defense companies and other businesses, both small and large; all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces, plus federal government agencies; and academia, associations, and professional services. Annual membership dues are $40. Membership dues for government members remain free for one year.
- Access to a broad, geographically and professionally diverse network that can provide advice and recommendations to women in all phases of career development and transition
- Opportunities to coach and mentor the next generation of women defense professionals, creating the critical diversity that will strengthen the Nation’s competitive advantage in defense.
- Access to a defense-related job bank
- Access to online portal for editing personal information to assure you of better, faster service
- Member rates at WID and NDIA events
- Membership in the National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA), including a subscription to the monthly magazine National Defense
- A membership card showing your ID/membership number – for WID and NDIA reference. This number ensures you receive meeting registration discounts.
Please update your Membership Information HERE.