Your membership with Women In Defense invites you into a Community of Professionals.
Your membership with Women In Defense offers many benefits. WID traces its roots to 1979. A group of women realized the need for women in the defense industry and military to have a network to expand their knowledge of national security issues and the defense community. Soon, the organization was born.
Today, membership is open to women whose primary professional activities relate to national security. Members come from defense companies and other businesses, both small and large. Additionally, many members come from the U.S. Armed Forces, plus federal government agencies. Lastly, members represent academia, associations, and professional services.
In 2004, WID became a proud affiliate of the National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA). This affiliation gives members a credible source for defense industry information. Additionally, it provides increased engagement opportunities and professional contacts. Finally, members receive an expanded scope of informative programs.
Annual membership dues are $40. Membership dues for government members remain free for one year.
- Access to a diverse network
- Advice and recommendations for women in all phases of career development
- Opportunities to coach and mentor the next generation of women defense professionals, therefore creating diversity to strengthens the nation’s competitive advantage in defense
- Access to a defense-related job bank
- Access to online portal for editing personal information to assure you of better, faster service
- Member rates at WID and NDIA events
- Membership in the National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA), including a subscription to the monthly magazine National Defense
- A membership card with your ID number, for WID and NDIA reference. This number ensures you receive meeting registration discounts.
Please update your Membership Information HERE.