2019 WID-TVC Scholarship Program
WID-TVC shapes the future defense and national security workforce through scholarships and awards. We encourage the study of professions related to science, technology, education, and math, that support national security professionals.
WID-TVC is accepting applications for its 2019 Scholarship Program! Applicants must be:
- Currently enrolled at an accredited university or college
- Undergraduate (junior or senior status) / graduate students eligible
- Pursuing a career in national security or defense
- Holding a minimum GPA of 3.25
- A female citizen of the United States
To apply for the 2019 WID-TVC Program, complete the attached form below and email, along with all supporting documentation, to WID-TVC.ScholarshipDirector@gmail.com.
Official transcripts can be emailed to WIDTVC.ScholarshipDirector@gmail.com or mailed via UPS to 408 East Street, Athens, AL 35611.
Submit your completed application no later than June 1, 2019. Questions? Contact Melanie Newton, WID-TVC Director of Awards/Scholarships here.
WID-TVC extends its sincere thanks to our 2018 Scholarship sponsors! Your donations made a great impact on our scholarship recipients furthering their careers in these areas.
To become a 2019 WID-TVC Scholarship sponsor, please contact WIDTVC.ScholarshipDirector@gmail.com.
WID-TVC Professional Development Grant
Apply for a Professional Development Grant today! Through this grant, WID-TVC members receive financial assistance to attend local defense, leadership, and STEM events.
Please submit your application 4-6 weeks prior to the deadline of the event you wish to attend.
- Current WID member
- Up-to-date on all dues
- Attended at least one WID event in the past 12 months
- Individual applicants can only receive up to two Professional Development Grants in a calendar year.
- Our chapter offers awards for varying amounts, up to $500.
- Grants can only be used for local defense, leadership, and STEM events.
- WID-TVC provides awards directly to the event organization when possible.
Questions? Please contact Sarah Smith, WID Director of External Relations.