Women in Defense,
A National Security Organization
This website, like the chapter itself, is a resource for the women of the Tennessee Valley who contribute to the nation’s defense through their service in the military, the Department of Defense or private industry. We bring you news about chapter activities, provide insights and advice from local government and industry leaders, profile successful Tennessee Valley women, and provide coverage of a wide-range of topics of interest to women pursuing or considering careers in the defense industry.
To cultivate and support the advancement and recognition of women in all aspects of national security.
Members of this non-profit professional organization, which include men and women, have careers related to the defense of the United States and national security.
Tennessee Valley Chapter Vision
“Thriving organization dedicated to development of women as valuable assets to the Department of Defense.”
Tennessee Valley Chapter Goals
- Provide professional development and networking opportunities in support of women in defense
- Support the community and our membership through mentor-protégé programs and volunteer activities
- Support the future of the defense community through the WID Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Initiative (STEMi)
- Provide events and forums to increase membership and organizational impact on the community
- Support the community and our membership by exhibiting at conferences and events
- Hold a bi-annual workshop to highlight women in defense and the defense industry overall
- Recognize local women leaders in the defense industry through an awards program