Women in Defense,
A National Security Organization
This website, like the chapter itself, is a resource for the women of the Tennessee Valley who contribute to the nation’s defense through their service in the military, the Department of Defense or private industry. We will bring you news about chapter activities, provide insights and advice from local government and industry leaders, profile successful Tennessee Valley women, and provide coverage of a wide-range of topics of interest to women pursuing or considering careers in the defense industry.
Cultivating and supporting the advancement and recognition of women in all aspects of national security is the mission of Women in Defense (WID), A National Security Organization. Members of this non-profit professional organization, which include men and women, have careers related to the defense of the United States and national security.
Tennessee Valley Chapter Vision
“Thriving organization dedicated to development of women as valuable assets to the Department of Defense.”
Tennessee Valley Chapter Goals
- Provide professional development and networking opportunities in support of women in defense
- Support the community and our membership through mentor-protégé programs and other volunteer activities
- Support the future of the defense community through the WID Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Initiative (STEMi)
- Provide events and forums to increase our membership and organizational impact on the community
- Support the community and our membership by exhibiting at conferences and relevant events
- Hold a bi-annual workshop for our membership and the community to learn more about women in defense and the defense industry overall
- Recognize local women leaders in the defense industry through an awards program